Scientific Citizens Services:
- Megan hosts Girls Driving for a Difference workshops (an tween-age introduction to Design Thinking, developed by graduates of Stanford University’s Design School) in the Greater Nashville area.
Find Your Drive! participants will identify their leadership style and unique skills, and marry those with a community or world issue they’re passionate about, to create their very own Mission Statement! This high-energy workshop encourages BIG DREAMS and BOLD IDEAS.
2. Megan is also a certified True Colors facilitator (tailored to either adult or youth participants) to grow personal awareness of leadership styles, and foster communication and understanding in teams.
3. Looking for fantastic life-skills workshops for kids? Megan is a skilled Smart Kids 101 facilitator, and can bring Polite Kids 101 classes (ideal for kids ages 7-11), Safe Kids 101 (ages 9-12), and Babysitting 101 (ages 11-14) to your troop, youth group, school, or community center. Workshops are typically 2 – 4.5 hours and suitable for a group of 6-15 students.
Sign up HERE for SmartKids classes offered in Fall 2017 at the Williamson Co. Rec Center in Franklin! See Eventbrite link on right-hand of this page to register for other classes around Middle Tennessee.
Scientific Citizens offers custom project management to suit your needs. Megan Davis has extensive experience in
- scaling educational programs to national reach
- convening and leading professional learning communities
- developing and leading trainings for adults and/or youth
- planning conferences and special events
- marketing and communications to support launch through sustaining
- researching and preparing grant proposals, literature reviews, and summary reports
Megan’s specific areas of interest include
- Gender Equity and Female Empowerment
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
- Design Thinking and the Engineering Design Process
- Financial Literacy
- Leadership and Personal Strengths Development
- Read more about the value of training role models before engaging in STEM Outreach.